- Day 1: Zurich: Train to Zug, ride new StadtbahnZug!, on to Lucerne, visit Swiss Transport Museum.
- Day 2: Train from Zurich to Breda, hike the Preda-Bergun rail history trail (downhill), on to Poschiavo via the Bernina Pass route, dinner at the historic Hotel Albrici in Poschiavo.
- Day 3: Train to Tirano (IT), tour the Palazzo Salis (Sertoli Salis winery), hike through the vinyards above Tirano, train back to Poschiavo for dinner.
- Day 4: Travel to Bianzone (IT) tour and lunch at Triaccia Winery, walk back to hotel through vineyards, dinner in Bianzone.
- Day 5: Train from Tirano to Sondrio, lunch at a slow foods restaurant, train to Chiavenna, dinner at a slow foods restaurant.
- Day 6: Bus from Chiavenna over Splügen Pass, lunch at summit, bus to Thusis, train to Zurich.
Friday, April 6, 2007
Wine and Rail: Poschiavo (CH) - Valtelline (IT)
Who would be interested in taking this trip in late September: