Pages

Saturday, November 8, 2008

The GOD Delusion

I just finished reading Richard Dawkins' book The GOD Delusion. Not only was the book excellent from an intellectual viewpoint, but it was extremely well written and organized - a pleasure to read. I often found myself thinking of a question ... just before Dawkins addressed the point. I also learned a great deal of science - especially evolution - from the book. Finally, Dawkins doesn't sugarcoat things, to him teaching the bible story about God creating humans isn't a question of teaching both sides of the argument (as our former VP candidate says), it's simply wrong. He, of course, puts it much better than I could. Here's a great quote from the cover:
We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Great book.

No comments: