Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Buffalo NY Architecture

There was a very nice article on historic architecture in Buffalo in last Sunday's NY Times. Saving Buffalo's Untold Beauty by Nicolai Ouroussoff described some of the architecture I grew up around and which had a real influence on my life. Omstead's parkways in particular helped show me how to integrate beauty and livability into transport projects.

Another great Buffalo website is: Welcome to Forgotten Buffalo ... they have tours and information on architecture and life in the Queen City of the Great Lakes.

1 comment:

wcs said...

I read that article and thought of you, of course. I always said that the great migration southward and westward helped save our good old northeastern cities from the worst of the sprawl development and the wrecking ball.