Pages

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Salad and Wine on Austrian Airlines

On Thursday Austrian Airlines (AUA) was purchased by Lufthansa. Lufthansa promises to keep many of the good things about Austrian Airlines (although I am not convinced that the bright red uniforms their staff wear are really one of the good things with AUA, but I digress).

One of the things I like best about Austrian is that they still give you food and it's not bad. The food is prepared by Do&Co. The photo above is the 'salad box' that AUA served on my recent flight to Brussels. They also serve Austrian wines and I was able to taste the "Lois" Grüner Veltliner 2008 from
the Loimer Winery in the Kamptal region of Austria. Since moving to Austria I have grown to love Grüner Veltliner and have wanted to try the Lois for a while. It was quite nice, much better than the generally bland Chardonnay wines served on US airlines.


I certainly hope Lufthansa keeps the Austrian food and wine selection!

1 comment:

Kandukuri Kishore said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.